Saturday 11 August 2012

Awards awards awards!!


Hello guys! Sorry my last post was a bit of a fail…I never got around to finishing it, but oh well!

Today (Saturday) has been awesome! It’s been a movie day for me and my Mum. We’ve been watching the main movies from her era. So far we’ve watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, which I must say was great. It’s about a guy who wags a day off school with his girlfriend and best mate. Here’s what it says on the back:

Sorry, not here! Instead, high-schooler Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick), his girlfriend Sloane (Mia Sara), and his best bud Cameron (Alan Ruck) are off on the spontaneous romp through Chicago known as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. You’ll also enjoy righteous bonus materials that give you an insider’s peek at this hilarious comedy hit from John Hughes (Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Sixteen Candles). So, barf up a lung, forge a ‘sick note’ from the parents, and tag along on the funniest adventure to ever sweep through the Windy City. What are you still doing here? Save Ferris!

If you haven’t already seen it, trust me, it is a classic must-see. Guess what…it was made in 1986 but the things Ferris does are still relevant which is amazing!

The second movie is Top Gun, which is a classic and is what made Tom Cruise famous (I don’t think the back does it justice…):

A hip, heart pounding combination of action, music and incredible aerial photography helped make Top Gun the blockbuster hit of the 80’s. Top Gun takes a look at the danger and excitement that awaits every pilot at the Navy’s prestigious fighter weapons school. Tom Cruise is superb as Maverick Mitchell, a daring young flier who’s out to become the best of the best. And Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches Maverick a few things you can’t learn in the classroom. Features the Academy Award Winner of Best Original Song ‘Take my breath away.’

 So that’s been my day, basically. Popcorn, my Mum, and those two movies. We’re still yet to watch Wayne’s World and even though we don’t have it, I really want to see Crossroads.



Anyway, in other news, two fabulous bloggers have nominated me for some awards!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonnee (thebloggingofanaspiringwriter.blogspot.com) and Nava (ginfragont.blogspot.com) both nominated me for awards!!! Bonnee nominated me for the Liebster Award, and Nava nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Love you girlies!!!

First, I’ll do Nava’s……..

Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:

1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging, or at least they've been blogging for less than 2 years.

2. Let the bloggers know that they have been nominated for this award.

3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.

4. Thank the blogger who has nominated you.

5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.



Okay, here are the 7 random facts about me...…

1. I have never been overseas…but really want to go!! I really want to travel.

2. I am single and have been for my whole life so far which is slightly depressing

3. I love my TV…my fave shows are: Once upon a time, The X Factor, Glee, the Glee Project, and heaps more!!

4. I have long, brown hair and blue/green eyes

5. I don’t have Facebook or Twitter, but do have an email and Polyvore account

6. I don’t wear makeup…I usually only wear lip gloss.

7. I LOVE music



Now it’s time to nominate fifteen bloggers for this award!!! They are:


















A big thank you to my gorgeous friend Nava for nominating me for this award!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxo










Okay now it’s time for the award Bonnee nominated me for!!!!! J J J



Here are the rules:



The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The rules are:

1. Post a link to your nominator's blog with some information about him/her on your blog.

2. Share 11 facts about yourself.

3. Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.

4. Follow your nominator.

5. Notify the blogs you nominated.



My nominator, as I’ve said, is Bonnee whose page is:

 www.thebloggingofanaspiringwriter.blogspot.com

I can’t remember how I found Bonnee’s blog. But I’m glad I did…Bonnee and I share the same dream…to become a published author. I’ve had many great chats with her about our ideas, thoughts, and books. Bonnee is also a regular commenter on my blog whose comments I always read and appreciate. Bonnee is awesome and I wish her the best of luck with her books (I’d also love to try one of her chocolate truffles…)



Alright, 11 facts about myself…I’ll do them differently than the last ones!!!



1. My birthday is October 27th!!

2. I play the piano…currently I’m working on Fur Elise, Bella’s Lullaby and somewhere over the rainbow.

3. I’m not popular at school and never have been…..but I’m accepted.

4. I have one cat called Moshi and one dog named Rosie. The two of them do NOT get along!!

5. The worst injury I have ever had is a sprained ankle from cross country skiing

6. I love writing, reading, listening to music, playing the piano and taking photos

7. I have been in the same room with the following celebrities: Reece Mastin, Johnny Ruffo, Christina Parie and Delta Goodrem.

8. I love my eyes….they’re my favourite feature

9. I can speak some Japanese, French and Indonesian.

10. I have been watching some of the Olympics this year

11.  I love pretty much all types of music (except for screamo)



Here are the eleven blogs I nominate for the Liebster award:




sorry I've run out of time to tell you all but I will as soon as I come on next!!

See you!!

xoxoxo




8 comments:

  1. Weeee haha, it's really fun to read your facts! We're in the same of the first 1 and 2 facts! I've been single for 16 years--which means since I was born--and I've never been overseas too! :D

    And thank you so much for the Liebster Award, I thought you wouldn't put me in since I have 200+ followers :p But I'll post it really SOON! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well helllo Nava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
      I really want to go overseas....maybe I can visit you!!! :D
      sorry I didnt realise you had more than 200 followers! oh well, anyway.... :P

      Delete
  2. Thank you! This is so sweet!

    Thanks for reading my blog, and I'm excited to start reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Do I really count for the first award? I've been blogging since 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, another award! Three in 7 days, I think I'm on a roll...

    You should definitely try my chocolate truffles :D

    I'm assuming that by saying you've been in the same room as those celebrities, you've been to some event which involved the X Factor :) Hahaha!

    I want to try skiing! Even if I do hate the cold... though I'm not too keen on the idea of spraining my ankle.

    Ta-ta for now! I might save my new award until a bit later, I've run out of people to tag and I think they're getting a little sick of me! ^_^ xo Have an awesome day sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I've always seen the awards around but have never really gotten one before. :) thanks for that, btw.

      mmmmm chocolate truffles......the only thing Im good at making is 2 minute noodles :P

      hmm actually no but I really wish I could go to the x factor crowd! or even the voice...any tv show really!! the only TV show Ive ever been at is sunrise and i was about 7 years old!!! :P
      I was in the same room with Reece and Johnny at Reece's concert, and Delta was when I was at sunrise actually!!

      the way i sprained my ankle was when i was going down a very steep run on my first time skiing....i dont think the instructor knew i was a beginner!!

      yeah dont stress about posting the award...it must be so hard when you have so many :P

      you have a great day too!!! xxxxx

      Delete