Thursday 28 June 2012

It really is all over.....(for now)

Hello again! Did you miss me? :-)

Today is my last day of school. Don't get me wrong, I am totally looking forward to a nice two week break, but for some reason I feel odd. NO WAY, I don't miss school! The conclusion I have come to is this- I think I have been waiting and waiting for this day to come, and now it's finally here, it feels like time has gone too fast. Do you know what I mean? Like, whenever I woke up on a Monday morning I was thinking- 'I wish it was the holidays so I wouldn't have to go to school!' also, whenever that double of Maths class rolled around every Tuesday I was thinking- 'I could be at the beach right now, if it was the holidays! Not doing Maths in a smelly old classroom.' But now, the holidays have started, and I'm sitting in the school library, waiting for Dad (who's a teacher, for those of you who don't know) and writing all this down.

Today the forecast was rain--but surprisingly there is blue sky and white fluffy clouds all round. The only downside is that the wind is quite choppy and it's still cold. I don't know why, or how, but I find that good weather lifts people's spirits. ♥

We had a different piano teacher today, I'm not sure why to be honest. We usually just sit at a keyboard and practise, but this new teacher said "How about we have a mini concert!"
everyone groaned at this, but the teacher didn't let that dampen her enthusiasm. "Come on, I'm sure you've all got pieces you can play!" So we all sat down on the floor like we're back in primary school, and watched as each person went up and performed a piece. I've got to say, it was better than just sitting there, playing non-stop for a whole hour as we usually do. A nice change, I suppose.

I also had English. Advanced English, btw. So my class is a large mix of different year levels, but anyway....the second last English class she gave us $20 worth of hot chips. Mmmmm yummy! But don't worry, the class finished them off quick! And today she gave us lollies---not saying that I'm complaining, but I have a teeny tiny feeling that she's trying to win our affection or something but how would I know? The main reason I think that is because none of my other teachers gave us anything, so.........

I don't really have much planned for my holidays, except for my cousins coming for a week. It'll be nice to see them again, they haven't even seen my new house yet!!

Well I'm going to go now, love you all,

EJ

xxx

2 comments:

  1. hello ej!
    i hope you have a fun 2 weeks off. here it is summer for us and all we have a rain... it really is making us all feel down. you are right, sunshine does make us all feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janaya!
      That must be annoying----rain in summer! Boo! I hope the weather gets better soon. ♥

      Delete